Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lush Review: Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask



I have been using Brazened Honey fresh face mask by Lush for a few months now and it is my absolute favorite! Normally I use my Queen Helene Mint Juliepe mask but every blue moon I like to switch it up. If you have tried Lush's Love Lettuce face mask and want to bump it up a notch then you would love this product!

Description: "A powerhouse of effective ingredients for all tired skins, exfoliating, detoxifying, stimulating, and nourishing. Refreshing herbs and fruit juice are blended with warming Ayurvedic herbs and spices. With ground almonds to polish and moisturizing honey, this blend leaves the skin vibrant and revitalized. Apply to clean skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave for five to ten minutes, then rinse with warm water massage gently. Keep chilled."


BEFORE the mask sans makeup
AFTER the mask (see how bright!)

Pros: I love the smell of this for some reason. It's not a sweet smell, but you can definitely smell the mix of herbs, spices, and honey. Since it is refrigerated it feels so cooling to the skin when you lather it on your face. It is chock full of ground almonds so there are definitely exfoliating properties. I can literally feel it taking the toxins out of my skin and penetrating deeply. When I wash it off, my face ALWAYS looks instantly brighter and more even. I have noticed a huge difference in the texture/blotchy spots on my face. I use less foundation nowadays because my skin is more even. Also, my skin appears to stay less oily when I use this consistently. Overall, I get this gorgeous glow after using this product.
Also, at $5.95 it's not too expensive. I can get about 4 masks out of one jar and I use a pretty thick layer. If you save five black pots, you get a free face mask! All of Lush's masks are time sensitive because they are made with FRESH ingredients which means that the lifespan of the masks is normally about two weeks...so use it or lose it!

Cons: The color reminds me of baby poo, but it's really not that serious. I don't know if I would recommend this for extremely sensitive skin because it can feel a tad bit tingly.

Try it out!!!!!

2 comments: