Wednesday, March 3, 2010

LOTD: Neutral Gold/Wine Eyes

I recently purchased two palettes by NYX cosmetics. I am sooo in love with these palettes and NYX cosmetics in generally. I really wanted to do more neutral looks with my eyes that are work appropriate but always felt like I was doing the same looks over and over again or just looked too blah!




I went with The Runway Collection (Strike a Pose open on the right) and For Your Eyes Only (Mysterious Brown Eyes open on the left) palettes. I love the brown eyes palette because it is full of colors that make brown eyes stand out. Both of these are dope and have 10 colors each. Color payoff is great and NYX is really affordable. I have come up with two weeks full of looks so far and they all look so nice! I bought them from cherryculture.com for $8 each.



I decided to go with a golden/cream/wine colored neutral eye today. I wore navy slacks, a cream top, a camel colored belt, and my dark red pumps to work. Hope you like and check out these palettes!




PS. I wanted to do a nude lip with a nude eye to give me a more androgynous look, but feel free to spice up the lip if you want!

Products Used:

Face: Neutragena face moisturizer for Oily skin, Boscia Skin Perfecting Primer (t-zone), Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as primer, Maybelline Dream Liquid Foundation in Caramel w/ Sephora's stippling brush, MAC NC45 Studio stick concealer, Everyday Minerals Peach concealer to set the NC45, Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust and Matte Tan foundation (little bit) mixed together to set my foundation, MAC Fix+ after foundation was set to create a dewy look

Eyes: Two NYX Palettes above, Jordana Fabuliner in Black, NYX Sahara as highlight, Loreal Voluminous mascara in Black, NYC Eyebrow in Brunette

Cheeks: Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Apricot Flush (great for AA and tan skin) and NYX Mosaic powder in Love (orange)

Lips: NYX Creamy Beige round lipstick (my fav nude) and Sally Hansen lip plumper (the golden peach one)


Holllaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment