Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ebay Mini Spree: 28 Blush and 28 Neutral Palettes

Heeeeeyyy! Sooo I am sooo excited about my two new palettes that I purchased from ebay. I got the 28 piece Blush Palette and 28 piece Neutral Palette (also called the Bridal palette). I already own the 120 palette and love that one too! I just wanted to share my package opening experience with you and my initial thoughts on these palettes.




So I ordered from ebay seller http://myworld.ebay.com/3act*beauty. I purchased these on Feb 21st for 9.99 GBP each, both with free shipping. This came out to $29.92 plus a few bucks for the conversion fee. So for $3o bucks I got 28 eyeshadows and 28 blushes, woo hoo! The seller ships from Hong Kong so naturally it was going to take a while. They shipped two days later on Feb 23rd and it made it to the US on Feb 25th. At that point a tracking number was added to my ebay account. You could look it up through USPS or HongKong Post. However, it didn't really say much up until it made it into New York on March 9th. It is now March 11th and I have my products!
It came in a large manila envelope which instantly freaked me out. The last thing I need is a broken palette with crumbled shadows. Then I would have to wait alllll over again for the seller to send me a new one, OR they may give me a hassle when asking for a refund. I was just praying that none of them were broken! Look at the tiny little clasp...eeeek!

When I opened it, it had a good amount of bubble wrap so that made me feel better.


Each palette comes in a little black box. I didn't take a picture but on the back of the boxes are the ingredients for each palette for those who have sensitive skin or makeup allergies.


Here are the palettes out of the boxes. Both have a matte finish and no markings or company labels. From the outside, they look exactly the same.


Once opened, placed on top of each palette's shadows/blushes is a a plastic film protector.



DRUMROLLL..................................................
Here is the fabulous blush palette. All of the blushes are super pigmented and show up well on AA and tan skin. The lighter ones can be used as highlights. I looovee the range of colors. Some are matte and some are shimmer.


And here is the neutral palette! My eyes were instantly drawn to this black color in the corner. It is black, but it has specks of pink glitter that my camera doesn't pick up. A variety of browns, mauves, creams, etc. I got this palette especially for work. I love it!

Each shadow/blush is a bit bigger than a quarter. I don't have MAC shadows but I have heard the sizing is equivalent.
Love 'em and can't wait to use them! I might write up another blog post about my thoughts on the quality of the shadows but I have a feeling I already know. With any of these ebay palettes, the quality is okay to great. Some can be chalky, sheer, and powder like crazy, while others are awesome! Check em out!

*FTC Disclaimer: I purchased these palettes with my own money and am not affiliated with the seller or ebay in any way. These are my own thoughts and experiences regarding this product.

1 comment:

  1. Those Palettes are Amazing girl,I need to start shopping on ebay :)

    ReplyDelete