Thursday, September 3, 2009

Skinmatching Makeup?!


Hola!
So yes, I have been completely ghost recently. Of course, I have been busy with life, but more so I have been STRAIGHT LAZY. Well..I am back on it and I decided to post about a precious gem I found at Walmart.

Soooo a few month back I did a haul video on youtube of a ton of makeup I got on super crazy clearance. In that haul was Revlon's Beyond Natural Skin Matching makeup in Deep. I tried it a few times, wasn't all that impressed, but overall liked it. I just though it was a tad too dark for me so I really never wore it. I wasn't upset though..I got it for like $3 at Albertsons or Target because it was in the clearance aisle. Fast foward to two days ago when I stopped by Walmart after the gym one day to look at MP3 players. I made my usual round to the makeup section, just to browse and I noticed an entire bin of this same skinmatching makeup...this time it was in color MEDIUM DEEP and had a bonus foundation primer attached to it...all for 6 BUCKS! I'm thinking..hmmmm makeup and a primer for $6...what a deal. Regular price of the foundation alone at walmart is around $10 or so.

Earlier in the week I had gone to Sephora and just scooped up a new mositurizer and primer that I love..so it's not like I needed this product, but I decided to give it a shot since the DEEP shade had been a tad dark. Boy am I GLAD I took a risk. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!

  • First off, it comes out white when you put it on your finger. It is made up of tiny color beads that pop and create your 'perfect shade'. Lol, yeah right. The color beads pop and out comes the color (which will be the same color on anybody who tries it. It doesn't actually morph to fair, brown, tan, etc.)
  • It is so light. I had been looking for a tinted moisturizer but have not found one to match my shade. This foundation is very light but gives you a flawless look...almost a medium coverage.
  • The color is just a tiny tiny tiny bit lighter than I would normally wear, but when I set it with my MAC MSF Natural in Dark, it looks perfect.
  • This stuff lasts ALL DAY...even when I am working in the field, sweating, etc.
  • I have NOT broken out from this so far. My skin has been extremely sensitive the last few months but this stuff really looks great.
  • The packaging is great. It came wrapped in plastic so people cannot 'test' and use your bottle before you buy it.
  • The bonus primer seems nice as well. Although I haven't used it on my face, I did swatch the primer on the back of my hand..waited a minute or so..and applied the foundation and it looked like velvet. It was a perfectly smooth finish. I will try the primer on my face tomorrow.
  • There are a good amount of color choices: Light, Light-Medium, Medium, Medium-Deep, and Deep
  • And best of all..it has SPF properties. It only has an SPF 15, but it is better than most foundations that have none...and it doesn't feel greasy.
Overall, I am thoroughly impressed. I have been using my mineral makeup recently and was getting boreD with it. This light foundation is easy to apply (just rub it on with your fingers) and leaves my face looking fab! I definitely recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to take a lot of time to apply foundation. Also, CVS and Walgreens have BOGO on Revlon foundations all the time, so it will be easy to stock up!Go out and get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment