Wednesday, September 23, 2009

P90X Series: Yoga X

Day three people..and today was supposed to be SHOULDERS AND ARMS PLUS AB RIPPER X. Unfortunately, this video is having problems playing for me so I just skipped to the next workout which is YOGA X. Until I get the video issue fixed, I will be supplementing SHOULDERS AND ARMS with my own gym routine. However, tomorrow I have to work late and I was aware that YOGA X us fairly lengthy and I would have much more time today to do it, so I skipped ahead. Just wanted to clear that up!

YOGA X! Let me start off by saying that I like yoga and similar pilates, but find yoga to be incredibly difficult. It takes an intense amount of balance, focus, and a strong core. I think when I work out I do a great job of maintaining control with whatever I do, so I figured I would do well but knew I would struggle a bit.

Well, this was probably the best yoga workout I have ever had...along with being the hardest. I really like how Tony breaks down each of the positions and clearly names them so you can really learn. By the end of the 90 days, I am sure I will be a yoga pro! I stretched and held my body in positions that I didn't even know were possible. I twisted my body in ways I didn't think my body could go! It was great.

This routine is the longest at an hour and a half. It is broken down into yoga exercises, balance/control exercises, stretching, and meditation. I had difficulty with the balance part but I am sure I will get better over time. Particularly THE CRANE move...hell nah. I will most likely never be able to do that move. This is what it looks like:


Ha ha! Isn't it beautiful?!

Toward the second half of the video I noticed a dramatic difference in my flexibilty. I was able to stretch further than normal and it felt great. I really loved the last 10 minutes of YOGA X. I am sure if someone walked in on me doing the Shavasan (Corpse pose) they would be like.."Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working out!"...because you basically just lay there. The end is the mediation piece and we even practice a few "Ohms". Tony says that the "ohms" vibrate the central nervous system and it felt REALLY cool.

YOGA X definitely is a challenge and takes control and patience. Tony does an excellent job of being very descriptive with the moves so you don't have to do much looking at the screen and can follow along. In fact, I found I held my moves much better when I stopped trying to look at the screen and just listened to his direction. Overall, I am impressed but I wonder if once I get better at the moves, if I will get bored. Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on those dvds. Hopefully within a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! They are worth it! I saw them on Ebay for significantly cheaper!

    ReplyDelete