Tuesday, September 22, 2009

P90X Series: Cardio X

Hola, so it is day two and according to the LEAN Program..it is time for CARDIO X. I just want to put it out there that before starting P90X I had lost about 60 pounds on my own (over a course of a year) with good ol' diet and exercise. Granted, that was post baby weight so I got a little bit of a head start once he was born..lol. Point is, I have felt pretty confident with my cardio routine and was skeptical about CARDIO X. I am thinking..this is going to be a piece of cake..nothing gets my heart rate up like my current routine!

Well...I was right...however, pleasantly suprised. While doing the routine I did not feel extremely pumped or feel my heart rate really up there like I normally do with cardio, but I just finished the routine, sat down to type this, and I can definitel FEEL my heart rate up here. It is a good feeling. I can feel it pumpin faster and out of my chest.

Also, I am mildy sore from CORE SYNERGISTICS yesterday but not to the point where I had trouble today with CARDIO X. This routine, again, concentrates on good form initially. It starts out with a few yoga poses that I REALLY LIKED. They were hard, but I felt strong doing them. Then he does a few heart rate raising moves. During the 45 minute routine I was thinking...man my heart rate isn't doing anything, but I darn sure was sweating a lot. I need to invest in a heart rate monitor but it is not in the budget right now.

Overal, I liked it. I think it is a great cardio workout that does what it is supposed to. Will you be pumped and jumping and moving and shaking...eh, not the entire time, but will you feel good..yes? I have heard of another program called INSANITY that many people supplement the cardio portion of P90X for. Apparently that is another hardcore program.

But anyway..I will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment