Thursday, September 24, 2009

P90X Series: Ab Ripper X

Today I went to the gym and just did my regular 45 minutes of cardio (remember my Shoulders and Arms video won't play for me right now). When I got back I did AB RIPPER X.

OH MY GOODNESS....This video is HARD.

Figures that the area I need to work on the most has the most difficult routine ever. Jeez. It is 15 minutes long and you do a variety of ab exercises....349 total to be exact. I can tell you now that the majority of them require you to have your feet off the floor. Out of the 11 different exercises, I was able to do like 2 at max reps (25). All of the exercises require 25 reps, but Tony really emphasizes that it is okay to take a break. I had to modify most of them to make it easier.

Yes yall, I almost died on my living room floor but I sure that over time it will be easier. Hell, it better!

Tony recommends following the routine with a 'recovery drink'. He is referring to the supplements that come along with the program that are able for purchase. I did not purchase any of the P90X Supplements but I did get some protein powder (Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Double Rich Chocolate) and some Glutamine powder for my tougher workouts to aid with muscle recovery. You can google protein shakes and see what kind of protein you are interested in. I definitely can recommend this brand because it tastes yummy and they have a variety of flavors. Also if you go to www.vitaminshoppe.com they have great deals on Optimum Nutrition brand. I spent less on the product that if I would have gone down to the store (including shipping) and it only took about 2 days to arrive at my house.

Tomorrow we are using the pull up bar...we will see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment