Monday, July 19, 2010

The Concept of a Break Up Ring?!

Hello all,
So as I wrote in my last post, I have recently gone through a pretty heartwrenching break up...(ouch!). Well, a lot of my friends note buying shoes, handbags, cutting their hair, and doing whatever to make themselves feel better after a break up. Well...I have done a few things, but my most brilliant idea yet has been my concept of the BREAK UP ring!

If I was 'balling' then I definitely would have dropped some serious dough on buying me a lavish piece of jewely...but I'm a social worker and a single parent (nuff said!). I went ahead and logged onto Overstock.com which is my faaavvvoorriitee spot right now and got the two beauties below. The cross ring is a CZ gem and the Ruby ring is sterling silver with 1/10 cut diamonds. Both are fairly simple but look amazing!



The cross ring I wear on my left hand ring finger (where my wedding ring would have gone!) as a reminder to be married to God. God has called me to singlehood at this time in my life and I am working toward building a better relationship with Him. The Ruby (my birthstone) heart ring is worn on my right hand ring finger and is a reminder to be in a relationship with myself.

Too many times when we are in a relationship, we lose sight of who we are. I am not saying that I lost sight of God or myself while in my prior relationship, but these two items serve as a silent symbol of how important staying true to my faith and to myself really is to me.

PS. The color on my nails is Color Club holo polish in Fashion Addict (looove it!)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the break up homie :) But go 'head and do you! I love the concept of the rings! Overstock is great for jewelry!

    ReplyDelete