Thursday, May 28, 2009

Review: SIGMA Brushes





































So I get home from a looonng day of work to find a lovely surprise! My package from Sigma Makeup arrived!!!!! Woo hoo! I have not had the opportunity to use the brushes yet, so this review will be based on my initial impressions.

1. The ordering process was a breeze. I went only to www.sigmamakeup.com and picked the brushes I wanted. I had it in my hands in 3 days. No issues, no complications.

2. They arrive in this cute little package! Included was my order, a few pamphlets, and my order slip/receipt. The packaging of the products was great. The brush handle had a thin plastic covering and each brush head had a thicker plastic covering for protection.

3. You gotta love free products. They sent me a free ELF eyeshadow quad in Drama (the blacks, silvers, and whites) Check out DulceCandy's youtube because she had a tutorial using that whole quad.

Pros:
The price! These are comparable to MAC brushes. Nobody wants to pay $30-$40 for a damn brush. SIGMA brushes are top quality brushes that won't necessarily break the bank. They list them the same way MAC does..so an SS224 is equivalent to a MAC 224 brush.

SS224 Tapered Blending Brush: $9.00
I can tell that I am going to love this brush! It fits in my crease perfectly and I know color is going to go on smoothly. Dense enough to pick up color too!

SS188 Small Duo Fiber Brush: $14.00
The SS188 (Small stippler) seems like it is going to be great! Just the right size. I have the Sephora Professional Stippler and it is super soft and big, and sometimes I just wish I had a smaller version. This brush is soft, but dense enough to have maximum control over your blush or foundation.

SS 109 Small Contour Brush: $14
I am going to try this with my foundation tomorrow. It is smaller than what I imagined but not tiny. Again, super soft but controllable because of the density.
Overall, I am definitely impressed by the quality. I will give an updated review on what I think after I have tried them out.

2 comments:

  1. so are these the brushes you recommend for the perfect eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to make a Youtube video on all the brushes I have and just some recommendations. I am also going to review these further...so far, these brushes shed like crazy! I still love em though!

    ReplyDelete