Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Product Review: St. Ives Green Tea Scrub


I took a weekend trip to Tallahassee and had to hit up the travel section for my basic toiletries. Well, I came across this facial scrub by St. Ives and my interest was instantly piqued. I have always loved St. Ives' products, and have been using their Apricot scrub for years! At 26 (almost 27),  I still get frequent blemishes and hormonal breakouts so having a good exfoliator is a must for me!

PROS:
  • Green Tea! This left my skin feeling quite refreshed and awake.
  • There is a bit of grit to the texture but definitely still a soft creme base.
  • This left my skin feeling soft, yet clean at the same time.
  • Smell was not overpowering and was just right.
  • This product is oil-free which is great for those who have oily or combination skin.
  • I had a small blemish at the time of use. The next day it was gone (can't get any better than that!)
  • Price: The travel size was only a buck. I have no clue what the regular size tube costs.
  • You can find it at your local Walmart. 

CONS:
  • I have soft water at my house. If you do not have soft water and have dry skin, this product may be too drying for you. (If you have combo skin like me, this product is a dream!)

Overall this stuff rocks and will be added to my skincare routine. It is gentle enough for daily use but I will probably use it every other day or a few times per week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment