Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dupe Alert: M by Mariah Eau de Parfum Spray

So I received the M by Mariah perfume set YEEAARRRSSSSS ago and have barely made a dent in the bottle. I do wear it often but perfume just seems to take forever to use up! I got the 3.3 fluid ounce bottle, the Shimmering Powder brush (silver shimmering powder w/ the same scent), and the 3.4 ounce Body Lotion as a Christmas present. My Dad bought it on the military base, so it was discounted but I do not remember the price. A quick scan online and it seems that the 3.3 ounce bottle alone retails for about $35 to $60 (didn't look at shipping costs).

About 6 months ago I was on the hunt for a few different body sprays (not perfumes) because I wanted something a bit more light. I headed to Bath and Body Works and picked up a few of the travel size sprays because I wanted something I could keep in my purse or my car or wherever. Toting around a glass container of perfume (let along a huge 3.3 ounce glass bottle with a giant glass butterfly as a cap) is just not happening! The travel sized sprays are in a plastic container and are great!

One of the Fragrance Mists (formerly knows as Body Splashes), Black Amethyst, smelled familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. Fast forward several months and it finally dawned on me! Black Amethyst and M by Mariah smell the same! Ha ha! The difference? M by Mariah can cost up to $60. The 3 ounce travel sized Black Amethyst is FIVE BUCKS! Oh, and I also got it on the buy 3 for $10 deal so it was even cheaper! You decide!
xoxo t.marie


No comments:

Post a Comment