Friday, October 22, 2010

Review: Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Detoxifying Wet Cleansing Towelettes, Oil-Free


Hello All!
Time for another product review! I have been playing with a few new products recently so stay tuned for those reviews soon!

I ran out of my favorite makeup remover wipes, Olay Daily Facials Express Wet Cleansing Cloths (sensitive or for all skin types), and wanted to try something new. I love Garnier's hair products so I decided to their makeup remover wipes.

Well yall, this was a huge PRODUCT FAIL....and here is why:

PRODUCT RANTS:
1. These come in a 25 count package, which is pretty normal for makeup towelettes. However, my Olay comes with 30 for the same price (roughly 4 bucks).
2. This wipe has soooo much fragrance on it, it is RIDICULOUS. I took one out of the package and took a step back because the smell was so overpowering. I was a bit nervous about using it because my skin typically doesn't do well with high fragrance face products.
3.....I should have listened to my intuition because MY SKIN BROKE OUT LIKE CRAZY!!! I know it was a result of these wipes because my allergy breakouts are completely different then normal blemishes. My forehead always gets hit the hardest, and the breakouts are normally larger than normal, and hard (no puss or anything..TMI, but oh well, it's my blog!), and linger for a looonnngggg time (It's been almost two weeks and they are still there. I look crazy!)

PRODUCT RAVES:
1. Although the smell was overpowering, at least it was a pleasant smell! It does smell rather fresh and sweet, which is probably why I still decided to put it on my face!
2. The towelette isn't small and is about average size.
3. It did remove my makeup well, including eye makeup. There was a little bit of mascara left, but that is typical for eye makeup, which I normally use EVOO to use for removal anyway!
4. I prefer toweletes that leave moisture to your face afterward and this product did not leave my face feeling dry at all. I was able to remove my makeup and not have to apply face lotion immediately afterward.

OVERALL:
I will not be purchasing this product again. I do think the wipe is decent and does remove makeup fine, it just did not work well with my skin. I don't particularly have sensitive skin, so it may work for others just fine. Good luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Great minds think alike! Those ELF wipes, worst beauty product I've ever tried.

    ReplyDelete