Sunday, October 3, 2010

HOLA! LOTD: Blueberry Peach (88 Matte Palette)

Girl where you been at? Yes it has been MONTHS! And no doubt I have been slacking on the blog..but that is also because I have been slacking on the makeup too. In a nutshellf, the last four months of my life have been hell and back but things are starting to look up. Basically, I have lost an important person in my life, ended a relationship, quit my job, moved out of state with my two year old to a new place where we barely know anybody. The upside is, I started a great job that provides me with stability and a positive outlook on the future. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices, right!?

Anyway, because I was living out of boxes and my life was chaotic, makeup was the last thing on my mind. When I did start to pull out the brushes the last thing I wanted to do was snap a pic..until now. I was going through a depressive streak when a friend of mind suggested that I get back to writing (personally and blogging)...and he was right...I'm back people!!

For church today I wore this peach long cardigan with navy blue bottoms and brown boots. I love the muted look of the purple/blue along with the peach. It turns it sort of like a taupe hue and reminds me of the color of denim. The combination is awesome! Enjoy!

PS. Yes my hair is supppeeerrrr long! I can't wait to start straightening it because it is getting cold out here in the midwest already! Oh and I also took this pics with my BlackBerry after running around for a few hours so my face is a bit shiny, but ohhh well!




PRODUCTS USED:
FACE:
Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive Moisturizer
ybf Neutralizer Face Primer (got this as a gift, I can dig it!)
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Dark 2 Caramel (I been killing this stuff! So easy to apply with a stippling brush)
MAC Studiosculpt concealer in NC45
MAC MSF Natural in Dark
Cheeks:
NYX Mosaic Blush in Love (orange)
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Apricot Flush (a must have for women with tanned skin!)
Eyes:
Two Faced Shadow Insurance for primer
88 Matte Palette (peach shimmer on lid, blue purple on outer lid, brown taupe shimmer in crease)
Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner in Deep Ocean (navy blue)
Loreal Hip Duo in Magnetic (the navy side on top of the eyeliner to set it)
Maybelline Falsies Mascara (still love it!)
Lips:
NYX Lip Lacquer Pot in Coral-Licious
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Smokey Look

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on everything! You're right about those sacrifices. You look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) thanks for the positivity, hun!

    ReplyDelete