Monday, October 5, 2009

Do Your Research: Makeupalley.com

Helllooo!

So a few weeks back I posted my quick tips post. The most important tip I offered about was to DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

One of my favorite ways to look up reviews on various products is to check out:

MAKEUPALLEY.COM

This is a fabulous website that has product reviews, pictures, videos, etc. from people all around the world. It uses a lipstick rating system of 1-5. I have written a few of my own reviews for products I like and don't like. It's great because although we know products work differently for some people, you can at least get an idea of what to expect (IE, why did this product create this weird flaky texture on my skin..etc.)

There is also a SWAP section where you can post products that you have that you don't really want or like anymore and swap with other users. Do this at your own risk because you never know what you may get or what the hygiene of the other individual is like. You can always disinfect the products with alcohol. There are plenty of BRAND NEW NEVER BEEN USED products listed too. It's just another alternative if you are tight on cash and want to try something without actually buying it...SWAP with someone!

Finally, there are a TON of message boards to talk about the ins and out of beauty, skin care, and favorite products. This is good if you are looking for a particular product that works well with your complexion, skin type, etc. and don't even know where to start!

Check it out...and write some reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment