Wednesday, July 1, 2009

UPDATE: Sigma Brushes

Hello all,
So after using my Sigma brushes for several weeks now I decided it was time for an update! I love all of the brushes still. They remain super soft and in correct shape even after washing a few times.

SS224 Tapered Blending Brush: $9.00
This is by far my favorite blending brush out there. The density is perfect so you can control how much color you brush on versus it being a big fluff puff with no control. If you were only going to buy one eye brush from the Sigma line..I recommend this one. No shedding at all!

SS188 Small Duo Fiber Brush: $14.00
Sadly, I rarely use this brush. NOT because it isn't a good brush..just because I find myself grabbing for other brushes over this one. It isn't flimsy or anything I just wish it was just A BIT denser. It is great for putting on blush though. I tried it with liquid foundation and it was okay, but I would much rather use a larger stippling brush or the small contour brush below. I cannot say it is comparable for MAC but I do think it is a good quality small stippling brush and worth the money.

SS 109 Small Contour Brush: $14
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BRUSH. It is so versatile. I use it for liquid foundation, contouring, highlighting, and applying blush. I would definitely buy like 3 of these. HOWEVER..there is one huge huge huge downfall to this brush. IT SHEDS LIKE CRAZY. Look at the picture and see for yourself. Your makeup may look flawless but it is incredibly annoying when there are bristles all over your face. I probably won't use it for liquid foundation anymore because this is when it does all that shedding. Any other use I do not find much shedding, if any. I have heard that the MAC 109 does this as well. I think it is the liquid that is just sticking to and 'pulling' the bristles out. I would definitely recommend to buy it if you are on a budget, but if you can save up go for the MAC.

Hope I helped!

www.sigmamakeup.com


1 comment:

  1. I hope you keep the reviews up because I MUCH prefer reading your blog than getting reviews from magazines.

    ReplyDelete