Monday, July 20, 2009

Fight the OILIES: Milk of Magnesia



So you all know I am ALL ABOUT saving a buck. I have been searching for a good foundation primer for months. Unfortunately, my skin just does not like ANYTHING. I have tried Smashbox Photofinish Light, MAC Matte, Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel, and finally my Laura Gellar under makeup tinted spackle. With the exception of the Laura Gellar spackle, ALL OF THEM BROKE MY FACE OUT! Right now, my face is JACKED UP. My face has gotten much more oily since I began wearing makeup and I would have to use blotting tissues at least twice a day, along with MAC Blot powder. My t-zone is oily as heck and my cheeks are dry so basically I am screwed, lol.

Well, I have found my HG product. Believe it or not ladies and gents, Phillips Milk of Magnesia (original) is incredible! I did my research and the main ingredient is magnesium hydroxide. There are only two other products in it: purified water and sodium hypochloride. I checked the Walmart generic brand and it is the exact same ingredients it in. I got the Phillips brand just to be safe, but the Walmart brand is double the size for only $3 and some change! Beware of other generics because some contain mineral oil, and that is a NO NO.

This can be used as a nightly face mask, to reduce the production of oil your face makes OR as a foundation primer. As a mask, lighty spread a thin layer on your face with your fingers, foundation brush, or cotton pad, keep on for about 10-15 minutes and rinse. You can even leave it on all night and wash off in the morning. As a primer just spread a light layer on your t-zone or oily spots with a foundation brush, let dry, and apply your foundation as usual. I wouldn't put it all over your face, but only in the oily spots. If you see some white flaky residue after it dries, just lightly rub it off with your ring finger.

I DID NOT HAVE TO BLOT MY FACE AT ALL WHEN I USED THIS AS A PRIMER. I could not believe it. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and light. It has not clogged any pores or caused any breakouts. Ladies, you have to try this is you have oily skin. I can't speak for my dry skin chicas, but this is awesome. I am so glad I found this! Good luck and tell me how it works for you!

PS. Check my youtube video at www.youtube.com/tnxmami for more information and a demonstration as to how I apply it.

6 comments:

  1. I don't have your e-mail so I thought this would be the easiest place to reach you. Have you worked with a child protective investigator? I'm applying a this position and I'm scared out my wits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. My comment didn't post but basically AHHHHHH I did CPI work for about 6 months and HATED IT. I started out as an intern and then was the only CPI intern to be offered a position full time. I turned it down, then they offered part time (which really was a sweet deal). In Tally it's thru DCF so it is terrible..down here it is through the county Sherrifs Office so it is supposed to be better. I know the workers complain mostly about deadlines, shift work, and the large case loads. I HATED IT...it can be dangerous at times and I didn't feel much of protected. I don't mean to scare you or anything and things may be different where you live, but here...HELL NO! They pay pretty decent though.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW MAN!!!!!!!!! LOL! I can't apply for the one in Hillsborough. I already looked that up. The ones I applied to are thru DCF in Lakeland, Sebring, Ft. Pierce, and Orlando. I need a job girl, but the position does make me nervous. We'll see if I even get a call back for an interview. You know of any jobs in your field hiring? I don't have a social work degree though. Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's your degree in? Email me: fsusweetness@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all this information. I'm going to go buy some milk of mag. because I've had the same problem and the other stuff I've tried that semi works is too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried the milk of mag. IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete