Sunday, April 26, 2009

Working from home..

So my office is under construction..it is cool. This means me and my team get to WORK FROM HOME. For those of you who have ever 'worked' from home, you already know what this means. It means we get to lounge around the house in our PJs and choose to work on cases, projects, etc. It means we can go to the gym or run an errand and then respond to our emails as we choose. Or does it? What do you guys do when you are 'working' from home? I mean, obviously we are held to the same standard as we would if we were at the office. In my field, an emergency email can come up any time..so you really have to be on it. Or do you? I just find this really interesting. Unfortunately, for the next 8 weeks I will be in training three days a week, so I won't really be able to reep ALL of the benefits that my co-workers are receiving...but it is still refreshing. I know some people won't work from home because they know they won't be productive. Our IT dude set up some computers in the conference room for people like my co-worker who KNOWS she won't do anything if she was at the house. Ehhhhh, whatever. I say if the opportunity arises...then take it...! Which leads me to my next blog entry...

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE working from home. most of the time we do bullshit at the office anyways.. who really works 8 hours straight?? this way u save on gas, eat at home, dont have to iron, and can be refreshed when u do go back in to the office.

    ReplyDelete