Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quick Tip: Making the Most of Your Lotion!

As a woman of color, it is absolutely essential to use body lotion. My favorite body lotion to use is Jergens Ultimate Healing formula as this is the ONLY lotion I can apply at night and not have to feel like I have to reapply the next morning. I take my showers at night and cannot stand getting dressed in the steamy bathroom so I usually grab a towel, dry off, and then head to my room to get dressed and lotion up. A few weeks back I went on vacation and had to get dressed in the hotel bathroom and this is when I came across this useful tip to make the most of my body lotion.


After taking your shower, while the bathroom is still steamy, take a towel and dry off. Your skin should still be slightly moist. Then go ahead and apply your body lotion while still in the bathroom. The moisture in the air and the slight dampness on your skin will allow your lotion to penetrate and moisturize your skin. Now when you are done, grab your towel and head to the room and get dressed. I find that letting things air dry really helps, instead of wiping off the excess.

I notice I don't have to use as much lotion when I do this and my skin feels much softer. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment