Friday, May 4, 2012

Quick Tip: Tea Tree Oil

I looove tea tree oil. It is an essential oil that has antiseptic and anti fungal properties (lovely!). Mostly I use it on minor cuts or on any unsightly acne blemishes that pop up!

But hands down my favorite way to use tea tree oil is.....for the scalp. If you have an irritated scalp, itchiness, or dandruff, tea tree oil will be of great use to you. I don't have any of those issues, but I do have a tendency to moisturize my scalp after washing my hair. Fresh out the shower I will take a little bit of EVOO or Almond oil and mix it with a few drops of tea tree oil on the tips of my fingers and give myself a scalp massage. HEAVEN! It leaves this tingling sensation and freshness on your head. I love it because I feel like it's a great 'pick me up' for the scalp and feels great. Sometimes after a long day at work I will do this as a stress reliever :)

You can find tea tree oil at most drugstores including Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS for only a few bucks. A one ounce bottle has lasted me forever! Try it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment